The P4 Pro Cook Set was designed for everyday home and restaurant use, by including the most popular style of knives used in restaraunts and in butcher shops. The set works well with both home cooks and those in the business that need to carry their tools with them, and need a variety of knives for different tasks, without having to carry too many knives with them. The set comes with the new P4 series of knives, as well as a heavy-duty knife case which JERO has made special for them in Portugal. As an added bonus a round, solid core diamond coated sharpening steel is included. This is a great starter set, which can be added.
- Blades are constructed of SANDVIK 12C27 Stainless Steel with a hardness of 58-59 HRC (Rockwell C). The combination of the high-carbon stainless steel, and the JERO hardening process, allows a blade to be created that is strong, durable, and offers longer edge life. SANDVIK steel has been used for generations by top knife manufacturers for use in harsh commercial environments.
- Handles are constructed of a proprietary super polymer that offers a low water absorption rate, and higher fat and protein shedding properties. This low water absorption rate creates an environment that is difficult for bacteria to grow. The JERO Pro4 grip is impact and temperature resistant, and is formed on the blade and tang of the knife, using injection molding techniques to create a strong handle that delivers great performance and feedback. The ergonomic design is comfortable for all-day use while providing increased control at various different hand positions. The grip texture was developed by engineers to provide superior wet and dry traction while resisting fat build-up.
- The JERO Pro4 is the 4th generation of knives from the JERO Pro Series of knives. The Pro4 represents years of research and development, and years of testing to create a new line of knives that utilize modern design and manufacturing techniques, using the most modern materials.
- Made in Portugal
- Knife case is made in Portugal of quality materials. The outer layers is a super tough vinyl like material that has the look of leather, and is more durable than traditional vinyl like products. The outer material is used in commercial furniture and vehicles for those that like the look and feel of leather, without using leather. The inner material is a tight woven, high denier nylon material sourced in Italy.
- Sharpening steel is a solid core round model, with diamond coating. Heavy-duty and heavy weight design, with durable polymer handle. Steel is not a JERO brand.
Since 1983 JERO has been manufacturing quality knives, sharpeners and tools for the meat processing, food service, fishing and agriculture industries, as well as manufacturing quality products for home chefs and butchers. JERO is a leading manufacturer, with a corporate belief in producing only quality products, and providing honest and reliable service.